Our customer-facing platform serves over six million users in seven European countries: Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, Italy, France and Switzerland. Shop Apotheke is publicly listed (google us to see how we’re doing on the stock market). We hire a total of 1,200+ people; there are more than 70 of us in the tech and product team, and we’re still growing.
We offer you to work on a greenfield project and experience a start-up feel, while at the same time being backed by the secure structure and financials of Shop Apotheke.
With the upcoming introduction of e-prescriptions in Germany and other European countries, the way patients receive and manage their medication will change entirely. Our tech and product team is shaping the digital tools for the e-prescriptions future. Build with us!
- You as part of the team take full ownership of the app, the way it feels for the customers and the way it performs.
- You’ll play an active role in designing and improving the overall app architecture to support the massive growth of our iOS app
- You will work in a cross-functional team with an Agile Coach, Product Owner, UX, QA and other engineers.
- You will have autonomy and freedom in shaping how you work and taking initiatives within your team or within the developer community.
- You will architect and implement efficient and reusable native app components and user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques.
- You have several years of experience in the field of software development for iOS with very good knowledge in: Swift and Swift UI as well as Objective-C and UIKit.
- You share our drive of being user-centric and you are interested in e-commerce.
- You favour simple solutions and like to ship them to the customers within days.
- You want to make an impact on the product you build and the people around you.
- You like to test your code before your colleagues do it and you are experienced with unit and integration testing.
- You understand that seniority is not the number of years of experience but the ability to make a genuine impact, to be proactive and to take ownership.
- An agile and outcome-oriented organisation, where respect for talent and honest work are fundamental values.
- Direct communication, respect and collegial approach are vital points of our code of conduct.
- We are a diverse, international team and English is our working language.
- Your growth helps our growth. We have a training budget dedicated to the engineering team, and it’s up to you to choose what conferences or workshops you spend it on.
- In case you want to learn German, we support you with free German classes.
- You can devote 10% of your working time to personal development projects. Be it things that are close to your heart; experimenting with the rest of the team as part of the Open Friday initiative; trying out new app technologies; or tackling a problem that you wouldn’t deal with otherwise.
- For parents, we offer a monthly subsidy for kindergarten.
- You are free to choose your operating system and your IDE - we pair it with powerful modern hardware that suits your needs perfectly.
- 29 days vacation per year.
- 10% employee discount on all OTC and BPC products in our online store.