We are building the next generation European e-pharmacy With over 70 colleagues in the engineering and product team, we design, develop and operate the online pharmacy for Europe: Shop Apotheke.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer (React) to join us!
Our tech stack:
TypeScript, ES6, React, Redux, Node.js, ESI, Varnish, Docker, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, REST-APIs
What you will experience in this role:
- You will play an active role in our developer community, participating in tech decisions and influencing the tech vision of your peers.
- You will create server-side rendered apps with React and Redux.
- You will follow the Atomic Design principles. Our component library was developed with our in-house UX designers and you will participate in continuously enhancing it.
- You will work on new features that are designed with high-performance and scalability in mind.
- You will work in a small, cross-functional team with other frontend and backend engineers, QA engineers, a Product Owner as well as an Agile Coach.
- You will work with colleagues that love collaborating and achieving successes together. Our company embraces an open feedback culture, allowing for open communication within our teams.
- You will design, code and deploy features that are used by millions of people across Europe. Our current active customer base is 6M customers.
- You understand that seniority is not the number of years of experience but the ability to make a genuine impact, to be proactive and to take ownership.
- You are experienced in building Single Page Applications.
- You have worked with React and Redux in production before.
- You are open to working 80% on the frontend and 20% on the backend.
- You can dockerize applications for local development, production deployments and know how to setup a CI/CD pipeline.
- You like to test your code before the QA engineers do it and you are experienced with unit and integration testing.
- You enjoy designing and building new features from scratch.
- You feel responsible for your code and actively check production logs/alerts to make sure it runs well as expected.
What we offer:
- An agile and outcome-oriented organisation, where respect for talent and honest work are fundamental values.
- Direct communication, respect and collegial approach are vital points of our code of conduct.
- We are a diverse, international team and English is our working language.
- Your growth helps our growth. We have a training budget dedicated to the engineering team, and it’s up to you to choose what conferences or workshops you spend it on.
- In case you want to learn German, we support you with free German classes.
- You can devote 10% of your working time to personal development projects. Be it things that are close to your heart; frontend community tasks; or tackling a problem that you wouldn’t deal with otherwise.
- For parents, we offer a monthly subsidy for kindergarten.
- You are free to choose your operating system and your IDE - we pair it with powerful modern hardware that suits your needs perfectly.
- 28 days vacation per year.
- 10% employee discount on all OTC and BPC products in our online store.
As one of the leading online pharmacies in Europe with webshops in seven countries, we make sure that millions of people can rely on us every day when it comes to their health.
We are publicly listed and our growth is backed by stable financials (google us to check out how we’re doing on the stock market today!).
As an employer, we strive to ensure that all of our employees enjoy working for us and can contribute their know-how on a daily basis. It is important for us that everyone can realize their potential, continuously develop their skills and thus build a successful career. In addition to the purely commercial interests of a publicly listed company, we focus on the social aspect. As a pharmacy, we take our socio-political mandate to supply the population with medications very seriously.
We are much more than an online platform - we care about our customers’ well-being. No matter in which area our employees work, they all contribute to making the world better for our customers.