In order to continue our successful development and growth of the last years, we are looking for an experienced Senior Accounting Manager (m/f/d) for our headquarters in Sevenum near Venlo, who will take over a broad range of responsibilities within the accounting department and work directly with our Director Accounting. With annual sales currently around 1 billion euros, strong growth and operations in seven European countries, SHOP APOTHEKE EUROPE is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
Do you want to join a fast-growing, dynamic e-commerce company? As a Senior Accounting Manager (m/f/d), you have already gained several years of professional experience in a large accounting firm or in the accounting department of an international company and want to further develop this experience? You are analytical, think entrepreneurially, act with a high degree of personal responsibility and have high quality standards in your work? Then this is exactly the right position for you!
- You are responsible for timely, accurate and complete monthly accounting & reporting
- You will manage the monthly financial close process, review journal entries, account balance reconciliations, and report preparation (creating month-end reports, coordinating month-end and year-end processes)
- You will ensure that the general ledger and financial statements comply with all IFRS requirements
- You are responsible for the preparation of the group's financial statements and quarterly external reporting
- You will perform accounting activities in more complex accounting areas, proactively initiating and structuring improvement processes within accounting and reporting
- Together with your team of 3-4 employees, you continuously improve internal processes by automating daily financial operations
- You participate in internal and external audits
- You have a master's degree in accounting/finance, ideally followed by a degree as Register Accountant / Register Controller and/or have a comparable professional qualification
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in a large accounting firm or as an internal accountant
- You have a clear analytical understanding of financial processes and a high affinity for numbers
- Your way of thinking is result-oriented and entrepreneurial, furthermore you convince with communicative, analytical and conceptual skills
- You have very good knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Microsoft AX), are an expert in IFRS and Excel
- You are fluent in English, good German skills are an advantage